Queensville Players Presents: Steel Magnolias
Directed By: Neil Kernohan
Produced By: Harry Lavigne
Casting Notes: Mostly female cast. Includes adult, young adult, mature adult characters.
- Truvy Jones , aged 35 ‐45 ‐ Owns the beauty shop. Vivacious. Dispenses advice with lots of hairspray.
- Annelle Dupup‐Desoto , aged 18 ‐ 24 ‐ Newly hired assistant. Moves from unsure to wild to religious.
- Clairee Belcher , aged 55 to late 60’s ‐ Widow of former mayor. Grand dame. Elegant, sophisticated, a true beauty.
- Shelby Eatenton‐Latcherie , aged 19 ‐ Prettiest girl in town. Loves pink. Strong willed, passionate.
- M’Lynn Eatenton, aged 40 to 50’s ‐ Shelby’s mother. Always knows what’s best, strong, stubborn, the heart of the piece.
- Ouiser (pronounced Weezer) Boudreaux , aged 55 to late 60’s ‐ Wealthy curmudgeon. Tough, eccentric character.
Audition Dates: Auditions for Steel Magnolias will be coming soon! Please keep an eye on this page or our Facebook page for details as they become available.
Show Dates: Fall 2020
Rehearsal Schedule: TBD
Directed By: TBD (please Download the director’s application form here and follow the instructions therein if you are interested in the job!)
Steel Magnolias is a stage play by American writer Robert Harling, based on his experience with his sister’s death. The play is a comedy-drama about the bond among a group of Southern women in northwest Louisiana. The title suggests the “female characters are as delicate as magnolias but as tough as steel”.